Joan Website | Joan Bio | Joan Licensing Info | Joan Contact Info | Blog Main Page

Art Licensing by artist Joan Beiriger: I'm happy to share art licensing info but please
give me credit and link to my blog when using it on your site. Thanks.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Is it Worthwhile to Place Ads in Magazines?

Advertising can be expensive and I am often asked if I get licensing deals or leads from the ads that I place in art licensing magazines. Other artists and agents may have a different experience than me but I've never closed a deal from an ad. And I've only had a handful of manufacturers actually contact me expressing interest in my art because of an ad. Why do I then place ads? My reason is for exposure. I want licensees to recognize my art and in my opinion this is an excellent way besides getting my art onto products. I also submit press releases but there is no guarantee that they will be published. The three magazines devoted to art licensing are Total Art Licensing, Art Buyer and Art of Licensing. All publish digital copies besides hard copies. Note: The most reasonably priced ad of the three is Total Art Licensing at $275 for a half page.

Total Art Licensing is published by Total Licensing Ltd twice a year in February and May. Contact Information: Jerry Wooldridge, sales/marking director: jerry@totallicensing.com

Art Buyer that is published by Lema Publishing Ltd once a year in May. Contact Information: Christine Contreras, advertising manager: christine@lemapublishing.co.uk

Art of Licensing (a supplement to License! Global magazine) is published by Advanstar twice a year in May and June.
Contact Information: Chris Cheuvront, advertising sales account executive: ccheuvront@advanstar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment